- maximum range 90 feet (27m)*
- maximum coverage 0.5 acres (0.2 hectare)*
Lightweight, compact and affordable, the Mega-Catch™ Alpha Mosquito Trap incorporates the latest technology and some of the features used in our top of the line ULTRA Mosquito Trap.
The Pro 910 Series Alpha which replaces the earlier models (MCA-900 and MCA-600), has an improved heat profile, multi frequency UV LED's to increase capture rates as well as a new all weather fan design with stainless ball bearings to maximize performance and minimize maintenance.
Ideal for use in small yards, patios and gardens, the Mega-Catch™ Alpha Mosquito Trap can attract mosquitoes and other biting insects from as far away as 90 feet. Heat pulsing from a powerful central core heat system with digital pulse width modulation channel allows the Alpha Mosquito Trap to simulate subtle changes in human body temperature.
Designed to work with or without attractants, Mega-Catch™ fragrance strips have been specifically formulated to boost capture rates of nuisance mosquitoes as well as sand flies, black flies and biting midges (no-see-ums).
* measured in optimum conditions
- Rated for both indoor/outdoor use
- Central light array incorporating oscillating multi-frequency UV LEDs
- Powerful central core heat system
- A central multi-frequency colored LED cluster which is programmed to illuminate and give the appearance of movement within the Trap
- Works with or without attractants
- Easy fit fine mesh catch bag suitable for mosquitoes and biting midges
- Safe 12 volt operation
- All weather fan design with stainless steel ball bearings to maximise performance and minimize maintenance
- High gloss, durable all weather casing made from impact resistant ABS plastic
- Works with or without attractants
- 12 month Manufacturer's Warranty
What's In the Box:
Each Mega-Catch™ Pro 910 Alpha Mosquito Trap comes with:
- 1 x MCA-910 Mega-Catch™ Alpha Mosquito Trap
- 1 x Standard Mesh Catch Bag (MC-A111)
- 1 x 100-240/12 Volt Weatherproof Power Supply (MC-A30)
- 1 x Operation Manual
Packaging Size: 16" x 12" x 12" (40cm x 30cm x 30cm)
Packaging Weight: Approximately 4 lb (2 kg)
Alpha Trap Tips:
Patience and experimentation are the keys to getting the best out of your Alpha Trap. While the Alpha has been designed to catch immediately there is any mosquito activity in the vicinity, it may take as much as 6-8 weeks of continuous use to reduce local populations to the point that breeding cycles are interrupted.
- With or without Lures: Octenol, a known mosquito attractant, and key ingredient in Mega-Catch™ fragrance strips, has been proven to enhance trap performance and increase capture rates of a wide variety of mosquito species as well as black flies, sand flies and biting midges. However, the effectiveness of lures does vary greatly between different species and we recommend experimenting with and without lures. There may be 30 species in your yard, and only some of them will be a nuisance. Other attractant odors such as old sweaty smelly socks or even smelly Limburger cheese can also assist with increasing catch rates.
- Location: Trap location have a significant affect on catch rates and is worth experimenting with. Mosquitoes need water to reproduce. Once they hatch and are airborne they will typically reside in vegetation such as shrubs/bushes/trees and long grass during the day. When placing your trap think shade, shelter from strong winds, damp areas, and vegetation. Place your trap in the shade between your house and the mosquito area, but no closer than 20-30 feet from where people tend to dwell outside. If there is a gentle prevailing wind, then place the trap so that any added attractants, such as mosquito lures, will waft back into the mosquito area. If one location doesn't work, move the trap to the next one that you have identified. Note: in one study trap location made up to a 4 fold difference in catch rates, hence the importance of experimentation to find the best location. Even a move of 20 feet can make a big difference in some instances.