- maximum range 120 feet (36m)*
- maximum coverage 1 acre (0.4 hectare)*
The Premier XC Trap attracts and kills mosquitoes and other biting insects across one acre using a series of programmable stimuli that mimic human behavior.
A fully customizable smart trap with a digital menu and on-board diagnostics package, the XC can be fine-tuned to maximize capture rates and target specific mosquito species.
By accessing the Menu on the LCD display it’s possible to adjust the Mosquito-Attracting-Stimuli (MAS) settings. There are literally thousands of options which allows the owner to experiment and determine what works best on the mosquitoes in their area. However, for those less inclined to experiment, the XC also features a one-touch, easy 'press n go' option
Visual cues, particularly light, are important for mosquitoes that are active at night. To exploit these species attraction to light, the XC Trap incorporates a wide range of programmable light sources. Super bright UV LED’s pulse invisible light at oscillating frequencies known to attract most mosquito species. And a low intensity black light UV tube, with on-off function, emits light in a frequency band daytime biters respond to.
A central multi-frequency oscillating colored LED cluster is programmed to illuminate and give the appearance of movement within the Trap and as mosquitoes get close, their thermal sensors detect the Trap’s infrared signature.
Multiple attractants plus a large coverage area, the Premier XC is the smart solution to your mosquito problem.
* measured in optimum conditions
- Customizable Mosquito-Attracting-Stimuli (MAS) settings
- Programmable to multiple settings with set and forget digital timer
- 5-stage variable fan speed settings for live catches
- 5-stage heating element with adjustable heat mode to subtly alter the infrared signature that attracts a wide range of mosquito species
- 5-stage central LED cluster programmed to illuminate and give the appearance of movement
- 5-stage oscillating UV LED light array spectrally matched to frequencies known to attract a wide range of mosquito species
- Low intensity black light ultra violet (UV) cathode tube that emits light in a frequency band known to attract a wider range of mosquito species
- Self serviceable with on-board diagnostics check
- Two catch options mesh catch bag or liquid catch container
- Works with or without attractants
- Safe 12 volt operation
- Durable all weather casing
- Fully upgradeable to ULTRA Trap specifications including the Mega-Catch™ patented Variable Quantity Slow CO2 Gas Release System.
- 12 month Manufacturer's Warranty
What's in the box:
- 1 x MCPxc-910 Premier XC Mosquito Trap incorporating Multifunctional Programmable Timer
- 1 x Liquid Catch Container
- 1 x Standard Mesh Catch Bag (MC-PU111)
- 1 x External Skirt
- 1 x 100-240/12 Volt Weatherproof Power Supply (MC-PU260)
- 1 x 60 foot Low-Voltage Extension Cord (MC-PU7)
- 1 x Trap Stand (powder coated)
- 1 x Operation Manual
Packaging Size: 28" x 18" x 18" (72cm x 46cm x 46cm)
Packaging Weight: Approximately 18 lb (8 kg)
Premier XC Trap Tips:
The Premier XC trap is fully customizable and can be fine-tuned to maximize capture rates and target specific mosquito species. The different setting options allow you to experiment and determine what works best on the mosquitoes in your area.
By accessing the Menu on the LCD display it's possible to adjust the Mosquito Attracting Stimuli settings - and there are literally thousands of combinations. Even small changes can have a significant impact on capture rates.
Adjust heat pulsing (1-5 or off) from central core heat pulsing system to subtly alter the infrared signature that mimics changes in human body.
Adjust speed (1-5) of fan to facilitate capture (live capture on setting #1) while also adjusting warmth from central core heat pulsing system [fan is essential to capture all species]
Adjust flicker speed (1-5 or off) of central LED cluster to alter the appearance of variable frequency light movement inside the trap [attracts day time biters in particular]
Adjust illumination intensity (1- 5 or off) of oscillating UV LED light array [spectrally matched to attract most mosquito species]
Adjust UV cathode tube (on/off) [attracts day time biters in particular]
Experiment with these MAS adjustments in combination with the trap's other options:
- Catch Bag vs Catch Bucket: While the catch bag requires less attention, the wet catch bucket can produce better capture rates when filled with a mixture of water and any sugar based drink. This creates an airflow that is humidity enriched - much like human breath - as well as containing traces of sugar which mosquitoes identify as a source of energy.
- With or without Lures: Octenol, a known mosquito attractant, and key ingredient in Mega-Catch™ fragrance strips, has been proven to enhance trap performance and increase capture rates of a wide variety of mosquito species as well as black flies, sand flies and biting midges. However, the effectiveness of lures does vary greatly between different species and we recommend experimenting with and without lures. There may be 30 species in your yard, and only some of them will be a nuisance. One of the great features of the Premier XC trap is that there is scope to place other DIY attractants like smelly socks or Limburger cheese [known to attract Anopheles mosquitoes] in the base of the trap.
- Location: Trap placement is also crucial with studies reporting catch rates in shade or partial shade over three times higher than those in areas exposed to the sun. When locating your trap think shade, shelter from strong winds, damp areas, and vegetation. (see Mosquito Trap Optimization sheet).
- CO2: An after-market CO2 Gas Upgrade Kit (sold separately) is also available for this model which converts or 'transforms' the Premier XC making it Carbon Dioxide (CO2) capable. Use of this system is entirely optional but if you are battling a challenging mosquito problem we recommend that you operate the trap with CO2 as this can increase the capture rates by as much as 300-400%. Mosquito traps do not eradicate mosquitoes. They reduce the size of the breeding population to the point at which the mosquitoes are no longer a nuisance (until rain brings the next infestation). This can take as much as 6-8 weeks, so don't expect instant results. To get the best out of your trap you need to be patient and experiment, experiment and experiment.