SAVE 25% Off New! Refurbished to the highest standard, inspected and certified by our own Mega-Techs. Includes Mega-Catch's one year warranty.
Mega-Catch ULTRA Mosquito Trap Overview:
- maximum range 150 feet (45m)*
- maximum coverage 1.5 acres (0.6 hectare)*
This is our best-selling outdoor mosquito trap in the Mega-Catch range.
The top-of-the-line Mega-Catch Ultra Mosquito Traps successfully mimic sensory signals which attract mosquitoes and other common biting insects from as far away as 150 feet. Revolutionary Mosquito-Attracting-Stimuli (MAS) settings, and there are literally thousands of options, enable the Ultra to be fine-tuned to target specific mosquito species. For instant start up, this state of the art machine also features a one-touch, easy 'press n go' option.
Positioning your Ultra Trap
The Ultra Trap should hang or be suspended so that it is approximately 2 to 3 feet above ground level. The stand that comes with the Ultra is the optimum height for suspending the Trap.
Boosting Capture Rates
While Mega-Catch™ Mosquito Traps need no Carbon Dioxide (CO2) to attract mosquitoes; operation of the patented Variable Quantity Slow CO2 Gas Release System will boost capture rates. It enables the Mega-Catch™ Ultra Mosquito Trap to replicate a key feature of human/animal respiration by releasing or 'exhaling' variable amounts of CO2 into the air plume. Use of this system is entirely optional but if you are battling a challenging mosquito problem we strongly recommend that you operate the trap with CO2 as this can increase the capture rates by as much as 300-400%.
The Ultra Mosquito Trap contains all the hardware needed to connect the trap to a CO2 cylinder (not included) which can be filled at hundreds of gas supply outlets throughout North America (see operating manual for details).
Mega-Catch fragrance strips have been specifically formulated to boost capture rates of nuisance mosquitoes as well as sand flies, black flies and biting midges (no-see-ums).
*measured in optimum conditions
- Customizable Mosquito-Attracting-Stimuli (MAS) settings
- Programmable to multiple settings with set and forget digital timer
- 5-stage variable fan speed settings for live catches
- 5-stage heating element with adjustable heat mode to subtly alter the infrared signature that attracts a wide range of mosquito species
- 5-stage central LED cluster programmed to illuminate and give the appearance of movement
- 5-stage oscillating UV LED light array spectrally matched to frequencies known to attract a wide range of mosquito species
- Low intensity black light ultra violet (UV) cathode tube that emits light in a frequency band known to attract a wider range of mosquito species
- Self serviceable with on-board diagnostics check
- Two catch options mesh catch bag or liquid catch container
- Works with or without attractants
- Safe 12 volt operation
- Durable all weather casing
- Optional CO2 Gas Attractant System (cylinder not included)
- 12 month Manufacturer's Warranty
What's In the Box:
Each Mega-Catch™ Pro 910 Ultra Mosquito Trap comes with:
- 1 x MCU-910 Mega-Catch™ Ultra Mosquito Trap incorporating Multifunctional Programmable Timer
- 1 x Liquid Catch Container
- 1 x Standard Mesh Catch Bag (MC-PU111)
- 1 x External Skirt
- 1 x 100-240/12 Volt Weatherproof Power Supply (MC-PU260)
- 1 x 60 foot Low-Voltage Extension Cord (MC-PU7)
- 1 x Optional CO2 Gas Attractant System including low pressure gas regulator and 3 foot gas line with snaplock fittings (cylinder not included)
- 1 x Trap Stand (powder coated)
- 1 x Operation Manual
Packaging Size: 28" x 18" x 18" (72cm x 46cm x 46cm)
Packaging Weight: Approximately 22 lb (10 kg)
Getting the most out of your Ultra Trap
The Ultra trap is fully customizable and can be fine-tuned to maximize capture rates and target specific mosquito species. The different setting options allow you to experiment and determine what works best on the mosquitoes in your area.
By accessing the Menu on the LCD display it's possible to adjust the Mosquito Attracting Stimuli settings - and there are literally thousands of combinations. Even small changes can have a significant impact on capture rates.
- Adjust heat pulsing (1-5 or off) from central core heat pulsing system to subtly alter the infrared signature that mimics changes in human body.
- Adjust speed (1-5) of fan to facilitate capture (live capture on setting #1) while also adjusting warmth from central core heat pulsing system [fan is essential to capture all species]
- Adjust flicker speed (1-5 or off) of central LED cluster to alter the appearance of variable frequency light movement inside the trap [attracts day time biters in particular]
- Adjust illumination intensity (1- 5 or off) of oscillating UV LED light array [spectrally matched to attract most mosquito species]
- Adjust UV cathode tube (on/off) [attracts day time biters in particular]
- Adjust gas settings (1-5 or off) to increase amount of CO2 released by slow gas release system [increases capture rate of most mosquito species by up to 400%] The highest gas setting is not necessarily the best. The trap may catch more if placed on a low gas setting and run 24/7.
Experiment with these MAS adjustments in combination with the trap's other options:
- Catch Bag vs Catch Bucket: While the catch bag requires less attention, the wet catch bucket can produce better capture rates when filled with a mixture of water and any sugar based drink. This creates an airflow that is humidity enriched - much like human breath - as well as containing traces of sugar which mosquitoes identify as a source of energy.
- With or without Lures: Octenol, a known mosquito attractant, and key ingredient in Mega-Catch™ fragrance strips, has been proven to enhance trap performance and increase capture rates of a wide variety of mosquito species as well as black flies, sand flies and biting midges. However, the effectiveness of lures does vary greatly between different species and we recommend experimenting with and without lures. There may be 30 species in your yard, and only some of them will be a nuisance. One of the great features of the Ultra trap is that there is scope to place other DIY attractants like smelly socks or Limburger cheese [known to attract Anopheles mosquitoes] in the base of the trap.
- Location:Trap placement is also crucial with studies reporting catch rates in shade or partial shade over three times higher than those in areas exposed to the sun. When locating your trap think shade, shelter from strong winds, damp areas, and vegetation. (see Mosquito Trap Optimization sheet).
- CO2: While the Ultra Trap doesn't require CO2 to attract mosquitoes and other biting insects, Mega-Catch™ does offer its own patented CO2 gas attractant system for increased capture rates. Operation of the optional CO2 Gas Attractant System enables the Traps to replicate a key feature of human/animal respiration by releasing small quantities of CO2 into the air plume emanating from the base of the trap. Mosquito traps do not eradicate mosquitoes. They reduce the size of the breeding population to the point at which the mosquitoes are no longer a nuisance (until rain brings the next infestation). This can take as much as 6-8 weeks, so don't expect instant results. To get the best out of your trap you need to be patient and experiment, experiment and experiment.